who we are
- ELiDA is a not-for-profit, gender-focused, women-led, non-partisan, and secular indigenous CSO established in November 2008 by six reputable women.
- ELiDA contributes towards the solution of multidimensional, political, social, and economic challenges faced by Ethiopians.
- Since its establishment, the organization focuses on the following thematic areas:
- Girl’s Education and GBV
- Good governance and democracy
- Human rights and conflict management
- Livelihood and Economic Empowerment,
- Environment and climate change
ELiDA aspires to see socially responsible and productive citizens, who respect and actively protect human rights for all.
ELiDA works for the economic, social, and politicalempowerment of women, girls, and youth. Theorganization aims to alleviate the challenges of the mostmarginalized communities and to inspire women and girlsto contribute and lead in building sustainable peace andstrong democratic culture.
- Equity and Integrity
- Networking and partnership